Robot drag teaching is a process during which the operator can drag the joints of the robot directly to make them do ideal postures, and then make records corresponding thereto.
The cobot is a system that has this function earlier. This kind of teaching avoids various disadvantages of traditional teaching, so it is a prospective technology for robot applications.
Different types of equipment have different operating methods. They have the approximate steps below:
- Burn the latest version of atomMain for Atom, and the minirobot for M5Stack-basic. Choose the Maincontrol function (It is unnecessary to burn M5Stack-basic for micro-CPU devices).
- Press the recording button/keyboard key
- select a storage path (micro-CPU devices haven't this step)
- directly drag the joints of the robot arm to move them to your desired positions to complete a set of movements
- press the designated button/keyboard key for saving
- press the play button/keyboard key/keyboard key
- select a corresponding storage path, and then the robot arm starts to move
- and finally press the exit button/keyboard key to exit this function
In this chapter, we will teach you how to get started easily and experience the fun of cobot drag teaching.